Apply for the IPA’s ‘Search’ Programme… details below (from their website):
DEADLINE 27 APRIL 2012- apply here!
Want to gain valuable work experience at an agency that promises to deliver unrivalled training by working with top-end clients in real-time? Then selecting the Search Programme as your preferred choice of Ad School could be the perfect fit for you.
If you’re an ad grad eager to find a way into the industry, understanding it is the first step into becoming a valuable asset to any brand campaign or agency. It’s a fundamental aspect of your digital education which will broaden your horizons for years to come.
What is Search?
In basic terms, Search marketing is a form of online advertising in a digital space that enables brands to increase their presence on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo! to attract more customers to their website. Search is often the central element of all digital marketing campaigns. Agencies use sophisticated strategies, cutting-edge technology and their expertise to increase online visibility on search engine results pages for clients, using both Paid Search and Natural Search.
The success of online businesses depends on being distincitve and unique in a crowded market, which makes Search one of the few tools to make a real difference to a business. Search gives instant results which are passed directly onto a client, and is at the cutting-edge of web visibility as it streamlines all online marketing operations.
Search offers amazing opportunities and creates an opening into the intergrated digital environment to which all above the line advertising is supported by in today’s evolving ad-land.
If you don’t have Search, you don’t have a strategy – Make sure you’re not left behind!
The nitty gritty…
- You will work at an allocated agency for 8 weeks (starting on the 1st August 2012) as part of their Search team
- You will be provided with an agency mentor who will guide you through your 8 week experience
- You will attend evening seminars which will provide you with the opportunity to network with agency heads and other participating students
- As part of the programme, students will get the opportunity to take the IPA Search Certificate and the Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam (GAF) at no cost. This means that you walk away with two qualifications as well as an extensive 8 weeks immersed in the Search industry.
- Participating agencies will repay any travel expenses reasonably and properly incurred by you during the work placement in travelling to and from the agency within travel zones 1 and 2 and in travelling on agency business. You will need to supply to the agency appropriate evidence of expenditure, such as travel card/bus ticket receipts.
- You will receive a prize of £1500 upon completion
- Please note: students are responsible for finding their own accommodation